Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Connected through EPIC CAMP


CONNECTED through EPIC CAMP




If you have already read my previous post about WHAT IS EPIC CAMP, you may know the abbreviation of EPIC. Yupp, E P I C stand for Empowered, Prepared, Inspired, and Connected. Out of the first three letters that were really happened in the camp process, C for connected has really good impact for me myself after the camp. 

When we were selected as the participants, the counselors and participants had group in social media such as WhatsApp. Before meeting at Batu, the campers did a lot of communication in the WhatsApp group and email. After the camp finished, the WhatsApp group still connected us. Are you serious? It must be a big fat hoax, Gomez! It really ties as the really big family from all over Indonesia and Timor Leste. Moreover, we also have WhatsApp group for all alumni from EPIC Camp 1, 2, and 3. Even, we made Line group to do video call for release the “pain” of missing other campers. 


Reunion in Jakarta
Those social medias really connects us. It is not only for sharing our daily activity, but also sharing information about many opportunities for developing our skills and ability; exchange program, volunteering program and scholarship. My thought back then was “the campers will not meet again and only can connect each other from social media”. In fact, my expectation is extremely contrary to the reality. Hey, Gomez, you make it all hyperbole. Hey, Hey, she said the truth, see the perfect and authentic proof here, Dude. 

 Reunion in Surabaya

Yupp, many campers could meet again in other occasions, it could be a program, seminar, workshop or just “meet up”. This means that the campers are connected not only in social media but also in the real life. In my case, I did meeting up with my first and second alumni of EPIC CAMP in Surabaya, in that occasion I also met my counselor and senior from EPIC CAMP 2 from Ambon, they were attending the same conference as me. Then, I also met up with my counselors from Jember and Surabaya and one alumnae of EPIC CAMP 3 from Malang, we met in Surabaya. We did not only meet, say hello, and then say goodbye, but we shared story, experience, opportunity and many things related to teaching and our passion. That was not only happen in my case, but it happened to the other campers. 

I did ask my friend from Jakarta, Mr. Anderson. He said that “through meet ups, I feel that the idea of connected is no longer jargon/slogan. Through meet ups, we do not only stay personally connected, but also professionally connected. We share a lot about the projects that we have completed or those that we are working with, spurring each other to keep advancing towards a better future. The meet up is also a chance for us to connect with a bigger circle of colleagues. For example, it turns out that some campers are actually acquainted with my formal lecturer, resulting in more fruitful discussion, and yes, one thing for sure: meet ups show how campers are really committed to support each other as one big EPIC family.” 

Reunion in Magelang
Mrs. Maywil, a camper from Magelang, also added that “meet up ini bukan hanya kesempatan untuk melepas rindu, tapi juga untuk bergosip. Gossip/ghibah yang saya maksud bukan sembarang ghibah, tapi untuk membicarakan keberhasilan campers lain, alias menyebarkan kabar gembira secara langsung. Ghibah-ghibah inilah yang memotivasi campers lain untuk maju, mengikuti campers yang sudah didepan. Yang saya dapat dari meet ups: ilmu/informasi, semangat, kebersamaan.”
 Mrs. Irma, from Semarang also added that Meet up is sharing. “Sharing tentang apapun; ilmu, pengalaman, atau hanya sekedar ngobrol. Kita sendiri tahu kalau semua campers adalah orang orang hebat dengan segudang pengalaman. So, ngobrol bermanfaat banget kalo ketemu sama campers.”

For me myself, the meet up will inspire you to be a really better person. the EPIC alumni are not a joke. They are all awesome and wonderful people. They have good passion and big dream. They know what they want to do for their community and Indonesia. I love to be among them. Such a great time that I need to be grateful.
Reunion in Makassar
Those above are only a lil’ bit testimony from other campers. But, for real, we are just connected to each other since we are CAMP EPIC. There is no regret to have those inspiring people around me. It reminds me to the very sweet and memorable song.
Friends are nothing ‘til they camp together
They must camp the whole day
They must camp the night away
They must camp
Together they must camp”

Well, for you guys who interested in teaching and eligible for this EPIC CAMP EPIC, I recommend you to join this. Yup, the registration will be close in 15th November 2017. Apply it as soon as possible! 


1 comment:

Post It

Teachers not only teach, but help and inspire as well.

Keep reading this Teacher's Path while finding your own Path in teaching.